Malaysia, beautiful Malaysia. Yup, that's where I'm from. But you know what annoy me most sometimes? When people say, Malaysia? Where is Malaysia? While some of you who are thinking the same question, go get your world map..... find Asia....and it's next to Singapore....yes, we're there! You've found us!
Since you 've already know where is Malaysia, let me tell you a bit about my country. It's a multiracional country where the people here are from different races and religions. Majority Malays, there are also Chinese, Indians, Eurasians, Kadazans and lots more.
The national religion is Islam, national language is Bahasa Melayu (Malaysian language), national flower is the hibiscus and before I forgot, the capital city is Kuala Lumpur. There are 13 states and each of them have many beautiful places to visit.
And the food here is superb. Hot and spicy! Simply delicious! And lots and lots and lots of healthy tropical fruits!
WHAT NOT TO BELIEVE.....
THAT WE LIVE IN JUNGLES
- Hey, come on-lah people... we don't live in jungles no more. We live in "concrete jungles". Malaysia is a developing country and there are lots of buildings here,FOR people to live in. We even own the highest building in the world, the Petronas Twin Towers.
So please, if some of your pals say that we live in jungles, they are totally wrong. Just in case, if you want to stay in a real jungle, go to our National Park, camp there for a few days and you will get that feelin'.
Alright, so, if you think Malaysia sounds cool... take your brother's/sister's piggy banks,take your mom's/dad's credit card or just save your own money... come and visit Malaysia and check out the cool places here!
Hey, wait a minute! Don't go away, just not yet. Here are some USEFUL PHRASES,down there, that you guys can use when touring here in Malaysia. A very good way to start a friendly and enjoyable adventure. Check this out, it's very useful! These phrases are in translated in Malay language.
- Good morning - Selamat pagi
- Good afternoon - Selamat tengahari
- Good evening - Selamat petang
- Good night - Selamat malam
- Goodbye - Selamat tinggal
- Welcome - Selamat datang
- How do you do? - Apa khabar?
- My name is ______ - Nama saya ______
- I/You - Saya/Awak
- He/Him/She/Her - Dia
- They/Their - Mereka
- We/Our - Kami
- I come from _____ - Saya datang dari _____
- I'm sorry/Excuse me - Maafkan saya
- Could you help me? - Boleh awak tolong saya?
- Yes - Ya
- No - Tidak
- Thank you - Terima kasih
- How much is this? - Berapakah harganya?
- Left/Right - Kiri/Kanan
- Beatiful - Cantik
- Delicious - Sedap
Curious? Where to go and what to do here? Go to these cool sites: